Verdict’s UK e-Retail 2008 report shows that the online shopping sector has maintained optimism in spite of challenging high street trading conditions. It also shows that the total growth in online sales last year was 35%. These statistics prove that any business with a retail arm needs to extend it into the online sector through Ecommerce as soon as possible.
Why E-commerce web site?
Selling online has a number of advantages over selling through your shop, these include:
- No set-up and operational costs. No need to pay for your rent and utility bills (gas, electricity, water etc.) no need to hire shop assistants or look after your CCTVs and so on.
- You can attract global customers as well as local and national, hence increasing your sales opportunities.
- You can beat your competitors by being able to open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- You can receive payments online instantly.
- It’s a convenient way of building customer loyalty through better customer service, i.e. by sending them monthly newsletters with just a click of a mouse. No need for leaflets and postage expenses.
- You can target after sale or add-on sale campaigns for your existing customers.
- It’s the quickest and most convenient way of displaying your products as an online catalogue.
- So, if you think you have a product or service that doesn’t require human intervention in the sales process and if the prices are fixed for any type of buyer then an e-commerce website is the site for you.
Want to start selling online?
We've built ecommerce websites for many customers so we have great knowledge and experience of better ways in implementing them into your business.
If you want to discuss your ecommerce needs, feel free to contact us and we'll be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.